Groups Vs. Instruments - Making my first player

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm trying to make my first ever sampler with Maize and trying to wrap my head around this. :help: The manual wording is a bit confusing to me. There's a few other threads but I'm still a bit confused. So starting this one.

I want a bunch of totally separate instrument sounds (e.g. Synth 1, Synth 2, Bass 1, Bass 2, Kick, Snare...) that the user can click through using a button, or from a drop down list in the GUI.

But don't know whether these should be treated as selectable "groups" or different "instruments" in Maize. As far as I can see you can only have one "instrument" open when in the editor, and no option to add a new instrument, the only option is to add new groups all under a single instrument name.

Some other thread replies say use selectable groups, some say export a new instrument for each sound/preset. But how do you make a new instrument with the same GUI without making a brand new Maize file each time? The only good way I can think is change the instrument name every time and disable all the other samples/groups you've made, then export?

Would love to know what you guys use and best ways around this...

You can create a group for each synth sound and use the combo box control to select which group is active. If you need more than one synth sound active at the same time, you'll need to make them selectable with like a button.

Thank you! Seems like the best method, so I'll try this.

Return to “Maizesoft”