FEATURE REQUESTS v5.x 23/02/24

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great DAW, love it, here's some feature requests I would love to see and use...

1. When selecting a clip, default behavior should be to bring whole clip's notes into view for you to zoom in, or remember. Memory of clip midi view should be on main timeline and clips area, if all notes are not in view then default to fit all, or if large clip, an area where play marker is located. So many time's I click on a clip, usually main timeline I think and it's completely blank. And the double click behavior on clip block in timeline doesn't auto fit unless you move mouse off it and then double click on it.

2. Allow the selection of missing VST2 or any plugin and swap it for another one on right click of module bar (or something). Would be great to be able to replace VST2 missing instruments and have bitwig try to give the newly selected vst the data that was recorded for the previous one in the hope to get the track to work normally again. Would be a god send to fix all the VST2 to VST3 swap over stuff.

3. Allow midi previews to be played by built in thing as it does now or by the vst on active track selection, if none selected default to built in as it does now. Studio One plays midi with the active track instrument.

4. Midi and Audio clips, would be great to have a trim silence feature, in audio editor and preview browser on right

5a. Give the piano roll some love, remove the double selection highlight thing, must be a way to have the functionality of the white selection area with just the good old click drag selection area.

5b. Piano roll again, chord circle selection and compatible chords with what is currently playing or where time line marker is over at. Play chord from chord tool using vst in active midi layer when click chord selector, drag drop or something to note editor (in bitwig style ofc)

5c. See piano rolls from Studio One & Cubase and FL Studio, then make some of their features yours but in bitwig true style

6. Would be good to spend some extra time optimising things in the background for less cpu use and get ready for GPU processing, maybe offload some stuff on the GPU now if you can?

MegaPixel wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:03 am Great DAW, love it, here's some feature requests I would love to see and use...

1. When selecting a clip, default behavior should be to bring whole clip's notes into view for you to zoom in, or remember. Memory of clip midi view should be on main timeline and clips area, if all notes are not in view then default to fit all, or if large clip, an area where play marker is located. So many time's I click on a clip, usually main timeline I think and it's completely blank. And the double click behavior on clip block in timeline doesn't auto fit unless you move mouse off it and then double click on it.

2. Allow the selection of missing VST2 or any plugin and swap it for another one on right click of module bar (or something). Would be great to be able to replace VST2 missing instruments and have bitwig try to give the newly selected vst the data that was recorded for the previous one in the hope to get the track to work normally again. Would be a god send to fix all the VST2 to VST3 swap over stuff.

3. Allow midi previews to be played by built in thing as it does now or by the vst on active track selection, if none selected default to built in as it does now. Studio One plays midi with the active track instrument.

4. Midi and Audio clips, would be great to have a trim silence feature, in audio editor and preview browser on right

5a. Give the piano roll some love, remove the double selection highlight thing, must be a way to have the functionality of the white selection area with just the good old click drag selection area.

5b. Piano roll again, chord circle selection and compatible chords with what is currently playing or where time line marker is over at. Play chord from chord tool using vst in active midi layer when click chord selector, drag drop or something to note editor (in bitwig style ofc)

5c. See piano rolls from Studio One & Cubase and FL Studio, then make some of their features yours but in bitwig true style

6. Would be good to spend some extra time optimising things in the background for less cpu use and get ready for GPU processing, maybe offload some stuff on the GPU now if you can?
Hello, in case you don’t know: Bitwigs only official way to ask for feature requests is via their "support at Bitwig dot com " Email!
Reddit, KVR, Discord, Bitwish, Facebook - no posted Feature request there will officially be recognized (or even seen) by them.

Also, i recommend sending one email for each topic (or at least meta-topic, like piano roll), because this way, every email will be very condensed and concise, which they prefer (as they stated towards me a year ago).

If you need further inspiration as to what feature requests would be nice, here is my personal list, which includes most of your points but goes far beyond. I m sure you will like point 1 and 7 specifically of my list.
https://sternen-herz.de/features-which- ... en-better/

Have a great day
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Thanks for letting me know, I had a nagging feeling about that... But didn't know about the 1 topic, 1 email thing. Lets hope enough of us request, we get... What 6 years for MSEGs better butter?

RE: Your personal list
Daymn! Website faq and all, impressive, and a good read, I agree with a lot of that... I forgot about the follow thing being broken also. Great list.

Have a good weekend. :tu:

Yes, send them an email, then a guy with internet access will copy the content of the email on a piece of paper that, he will, then, bring into their cave and then maybe... maybe... :hail: ridiculous...

Return to “Bitwig”