Scripting for controlling custom GUI display via MIDI

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to somehow script complex interactions between MIDI input and custom GUIs in Melda plugins?

For a concrete example, say a custom GUI has several tabs. Could I configure it to change the currently open/visible tab based on MIDI input (such as a button press)?

I aim to make powerful presets, which I can control mainly via MIDI buttons/knobs. As knobs are limited, having the ability to implement something like pages or even more advanced interactions would be cool.

Currently, I could only find the XML GUI format and the custom editor, which both do not have any scripting capabilities. One synth that supports something like what I describe is UVI Falcon with their UVIScript. (Even though it is very hacky.)

I'm totally aware that this is a very specific feature with probably no user base. (On the other hand, Melda is the place for such crazy ideas, so I thought it's worth asking).

I'm afraid not. Some scripting is planned, but who knows when that will happen. 99.999% stuff can be done without it, which is imho the best situation.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”