Under what circumstances would you not use the "Enable DPI Awareness" option for plugins?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm struggling to see why this isn't the default. On my 1920x1200 Windows 11 setup, almost every plugin I've tried without this has either been blurry or totally messed up. It's easy enough to change, but I feel like if you don't know the option is there and you load up your favorite Arturia plugin only to be met with a plugin window that is 50% black empty space it's a really bad first impression.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I agree. I still have plugins that even with DPI enabled, they are visually super small and hard to use.

I don't think I've ever used it.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:00 pm I don't think I've ever used it.
Do you have a High DPI screen and run the Windows UI at a scale other than 100%? If not, that you won't notice a difference.

BushmasterM4 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm I agree. I still have plugins that even with DPI enabled, they are visually super small and hard to use.
I think this might be why it's an option. The GUI for a couple plugins I own actually becomes SMALLER with DPI awareness enabled. All plugins don't behave in the same manner with it on, so making it the default may yield equally disappointing results for some users.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.6 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

FigBug wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:09 pm
pough wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:00 pm I don't think I've ever used it.
Do you have a High DPI screen and run the Windows UI at a scale other than 100%? If not, that you won't notice a difference.
That must be it for me. I have scaling at 125% so nothing works right without it on. I'll note that 125% has been the default for every Windows laptop I've owned where scaling was available.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Tracktion”