Thanks devs for W13

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like everyone else I tend to only post things in forums when something has gone wrong. Whilst useful for getting bugs sorted, I figure it must be depressing for software engineers to constantly see negative posts…

So here’s a positive one:
Thanks for W13 (and the bug fixes for 12.5). So far it’s by far the most stable and responsive version I’ve used. Everything I’ve thrown at it has worked well and, at the risk of jinxing myself, there have been no crashes yet.

I’ve seen that some people have had a few issues with CPU loads or slow cursors but I’ve not seen that and if anything my CPU load is lower than previous versions (and I really like the new CPU meter).

Basically, thanks for W13.

Unfortunately I now have no excuse for leaving tracks unfinished 🤣

+1
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

+1

Not only a solid upgrade but the addition of Clip Launcher and a new instrument that is capable of importing Serum format wavetables... and if I'm not mistaken... the PRO tier now also includes Biotek2!!!!

kudos and thanks.-
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

dajonaga wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:46 pm
and if I'm not mistaken... the PRO tier now also includes Biotek2!!!!
I can't find a hint of that anywhere.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:27 pm
It does come with the V13 pro version. If you go to your download manager you should see both the biotek2 installer and data files to download. :)

I deliberately threw my least stable VST at W13 today (IK Multimedia Sampletank 4 MAX - crashes just about every DAW once in a while, particularly S1 and FL Studio!) and it handled it perfectly with no crashes, a perfect render to wav and messing about with it in Melodyne Editor - perfect playback.
I don't know what Tracktion did under the hood, but the engine seems rock-solid so far!

I don't throw anything from IK Multimedia anywhere. Maybe to a trashcan ;-)
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I just wanted to say that I very much agree with the OP. Waveform 13 is an excellent update. The big additions aren't really my cup of tea but there seem to be so many little things that make the DAW much better; the attention-to-detail changes.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Even though I've had very little time to play with 13 yet, the option to render sample/phase accurate audio without the need to uncheck pitch/tempo on every single render is unbelievably satisfying. New additions are great, but I appreciate being able to easily opt out and just have a rock solid audio engine. And if the modifier bug is fixed as it seems to be, that's a big plus. Figbug being present and active these last weeks and doing a ton of housekeeping is brilliant, and instills a lot of confidence going forward. Gonna have a better play this weekend and if it's as good as it seems I might have to grab an expansion or something from the shop as 59 bucks is way too cheap for a decent biennial update.

Many people know my negative attitude towards version 12. No one except the developers knows my admiration for version 11. I will wait for fixes of global bugs in version 13. Which again amazes, both with the engine and the attention to detail. Everything becomes even more convenient, even more thoughtful. Thank you! Special thanks to FigBug. But guys, don’t show up just before the next version of Waveform is released. At the moment everything seems to be fine. Thank you!

dysjoint wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:28 pm Figbug being present and active these last weeks and doing a ton of housekeeping is brilliant, and instills a lot of confidence going forward.
nowgad wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:24 pm Special thanks to FigBug. But guys, don’t show up just before the next version of Waveform is released.
Tracktion's credibility--and especially Waveform's reputation--took a major hit with v12, let's be honest, here. I've been very happy with Waveform over the years, but I was among the very first to say (a) something is very, very wrong with v12 and (b) Tracktion seems to be hiding from it. It was like Tracktion just gave up on 12.

If you ask me, the sudden and huge outpouring of enthusiasm for v13--count me in!--seems to be entirely due to FigBug and his non-stop, hands-on support and interaction with us here at KVR. I'll just say it: Waveform 13 looks to be a huge hit in the making, and it's due to FigBug.

For over a year, I complained--as did many of us here--that Tracktion's team was totally absent on KVR. No one from Tracktion was answering questions, responding to concerns, and soliciting ideas like they used to.

Suddenly, in the last few weeks, FigBug reappeared, took time with everybody to address concerns and was putting out bug fixes once a day. I swear, at one point it looked like he had two updates for v12 out in the same day!

He's been killing it with Waveform 13, too. If this continues, it's going to give Tracktion as a company serious leverage in the marketplace--and I hope Woody realizes this. It looks like there are now more fans of Waveform than detractors. Long overdue. I'm enjoying all of it.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

+1 awesome update. Biotek 2 is the icing on the cake.

Watchful wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:14 pm Tracktion's credibility
This is where words of gratitude are expressed, and you don’t want to leave it. But I think if all of us who were dissatisfied had remained silent, the situation would have become even worse. Therefore, THANK YOU to everyone who was involved in this! I chose Waveform as the only platform to work on my ideas. I don't want to jump between a lot of daws, so that's my attitude. And I want feedback. Thank you!
Many people know what kind of community Reaper has, which is also developed by several people. I would like to have something similar here, people united by the love of an excellent daw.

Nicely put, Nowgad!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

dopet wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:45 pm
jabe wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:27 pm
It does come with the V13 pro version. If you go to your download manager you should see both the biotek2 installer and data files to download. :)
Thank you. I'm still on the demo, but I'll pay this weekend. I thought they'd have said more about including Biotek 2, because it's certainly a bonus.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”