WF13 Quantize strength

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there no way to control the strength of the quantize function in WF13?
Seems like it's 100% or nothing.

I'm used to quantizing 50-60 percent to leave a little life/humanity in the performance.
Maybe I'm missing it?

There are a couple ways to handle quantization. Are you recording from hardware? The quantization values go from 1 beat all the way down to 1/64th beat. There's also an option for Quantise Amount. Click on the input itself, and bring up the Properties Pane (the "useful" menu) by clicking on the arrow in the lower left corner.

In the MIDI editor, select the note and use the Quantize flyout menu to select options from the note start time, note length, etc.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:57 am There are a couple ways to handle quantization. Are you recording from hardware? The quantization values go from 1 beat all the way down to 1/64th beat. There's also an option for Quantise Amount. Click on the input itself, and bring up the Properties Pane (the "useful" menu) by clicking on the arrow in the lower left corner.

In the MIDI editor, select the note and use the Quantize flyout menu to select options from the note start time, note length, etc.
Thanks for the reply, but nowhere do I see "quantize amount".
On the inputs property panel, I can choose to quantize on the way in, but there's no amount or percentage.
In the MIDI editor panel there is quantize and groove templates, but no amount/percentage for the strength of quantization.

OK. There is a quantization amount in the properties panel for the midi clip itself, but not in the midi editor.
Weird.

Found a post from 2017 of someone asking the same question.
dRowAudio answered that it was by design, and they weren't able to add a quantize amount at that time.

viewtopic.php?t=496637
:help:

is there a key combination for quantization?
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

Check out page 195 of the manual -" Quantizing with groove". Maybe that you will work for you.

https://www.tracktion.com/sites/default ... e-2021.pdf

bk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:48 am Is there no way to control the strength of the quantize function in WF13?
Seems like it's 100% or nothing.

I'm used to quantizing 50-60 percent to leave a little life/humanity in the performance.
Maybe I'm missing it?
I have just been testing Waveform Pro 13, and I clicked on a midi clip, and a dialogue popped up at the the bottom, which includes "Quantise Amount", and which can be set by percentage. So maybe its in the Pro version and not in the free one? Are you using Pro or free?

Yes, as I said above, I found the quantize amount parameter at the clip level, but it doesn't exist in the midi editor, for some reason.

Return to “Tracktion”