Do you know anyone that woke up and turned there life around ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

There is an old saying, "it's darkest before the dawn".
I think there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Humans often need struggle in order to change or do great things.

Normal?

The problem with normal is it always gets worse.
I know a bunch of people who strive to be normal, they are boring.

The only normal that matters is whats normal for you.
Normal is different for every person.

Post

PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:21 am There is an old saying, "it's darkest before the dawn".
I think there is a lot of truth in that statement.
Yes. It's called dusk.

Post

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:21 am There is an old saying, "it's darkest before the dawn".
I think there is a lot of truth in that statement.
Yes. It's called dusk.
isn't dusk, as it starts to darken, post sunset?

ie, from dusk till dawn, is "night time"
also, it's always darkest, in a cave.

Post

as to the op, what is it you fear?
so long as you are not hurting anyone or yourself, just "do it!"
you only fail, by not even trying.

do, or do not!

Post

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:05 am
VOODOO U wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:21 am There is an old saying, "it's darkest before the dawn".
I think there is a lot of truth in that statement.
Yes. It's called dusk.
isn't dusk, as it starts to darken, post sunset?

ie, from dusk till dawn, is "night time"
also, it's always darkest, in a cave.
Dusk means dark so it is the dark part of twilight. Technically it can be used in place of darkness but status quo it''s used for twilight.
And Dusk til Dawn is one of the most important films ever released.
I won't say why though.
Awesome film

Post

44 isn't too late if you are focused on goals and don't get easily sidetracked. You may have to change your playground and playmates. I don't know what resources you have available, but when I started over it was in junior college then university. I aced everything, graduating with Honours, which was surprising because I never graduated from high school.
Pick a prize, and then keep your eyes on it. There may be some who will try to knock you down. f**k 'em. It's your life.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Post

Bombadil wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:40 am 44 isn't too late if you are focused on goals and don't get easily sidetracked. You may have to change your playground and playmates. I don't know what resources you have available, but when I started over it was in junior college then university. I aced everything, graduating with Honours, which was surprising because I never graduated from high school.
Pick a prize, and then keep your eyes on it. There may be some who will try to knock you down. f**k 'em. It's your life.
good answer , i have been getting sidetracked , but i can focus i just need too as you say very good answer thank you .

Post

Sorry but you can't focus on goals when shit hits the fan.

Mike Tyson said it best, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Simultaneously, where's the excitement if only one man is in the boxing ring?
God wants a fight. You can't have a fight without your ambition facing demons.
Fight, and god will let you know if it's a knockout or a boring decision left to the judges.

And remember, the demons don't give a f**k how old you are. You want to achieve? Go for it. The hounds will love you for it because they are always willing to eat.
There's God...the conscious aware being in everyone that has the ability to desire -
And there's the reverse of God which is Dog, the hungry hound that attacks anyone who goes for the bone. It's the yin and yang of life.
If you persist, the hounds of hell will respect you and become your best friend because they despise fear. They eat cowards for breakfast and shit them out as laymen of society. This is why successful people treat laymen like shit. Because once you've faced demons, there's no time for bullshit and most people are just plain bullshit.

It's not easy facing fears and that's where the opportunity lives.

Post

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 am Hard first couple of weeks, but after a while, not bad.
6' 1" 13 stone

I do 2 meals per day. Like you said, hard the first couple of weeks, now it's a year on and it feels completely natural.

Post

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm Sorry but you can't focus on goals when shit hits the fan.

Mike Tyson said it best, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Simultaneously, where's the excitement if only one man is in the boxing ring?
God wants a fight. You can't have a fight without your ambition facing demons.
Fight, and god will let you know if it's a knockout or a boring decision left to the judges.

And remember, the demons don't give a f**k how old you are. You want to achieve? Go for it. The hounds will love you for it because they are always willing to eat.
There's God...the conscious aware being in everyone that has the ability to desire -
And there's the reverse of God which is Dog, the hungry hound that attacks anyone who goes for the bone. It's the yin and yang of life.
If you persist, the hounds of hell will respect you and become your best friend because they despise fear. They eat cowards for breakfast and shit them out as laymen of society. This is why successful people treat laymen like shit. Because once you've faced demons, there's no time for bullshit and most people are just plain bullshit.

It's not easy facing fears and that's where the opportunity lives.
:capital:wtf?::/end capital:

Post

demons are easy anyway, you just insult them weakly in a cave "you stupid idiots :x "

Post

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:28 pm
seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 am Hard first couple of weeks, but after a while, not bad.
6' 1" 13 stone

I do 2 meals per day. Like you said, hard the first couple of weeks, now it's a year on and it feels completely natural.
I've been a crap eater all my life. I'm not stupid, but I'm lazy, and have no will power
I didn't do it to be healthy, it was a photo that set me off. I'm amazed I actually did it, and amazed I kept it up. I can easily lose more, but I'm happy where I am, and have reached a happy medium regarding intake and normal meals/treats.

No need to be miserable 24/7, but no pain no gain as they say.

First 2 weeks was prob 500 cals a day, nearly passed out a few times (my job is very physical) got wise after that

But yeah, I would say will power is the only thing you need to do anything in life, some people call it courage, others...well, it has many names. But you have to want to do it for yourself first, whatever it is.

Post

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm

Mike Tyson said it best, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

The convicted rapist? Yeah, prob won't take advice from him.

Post

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:10 pm But yeah, I would say will power is the only thing you need to do anything in life, some people call it courage, others...well, it has many names. But you have to want to do it for yourself first, whatever it is.
Sure, it's courage, insofar as people fear change and so it takes courage to make a change. But it sounds so cringe to say it. "Fake it till you make it" works better for me. Fake being a healthy person, do all the things a healthy person does, and then one day you'll look in the mirror and see a healthy person.

Post

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 amSugar was my vice...
... Using honey in coffee and porridge instead of sugar was good too. Self control was the key, not my forte :hihi:
You do understand that honey is mostly sugar, right? In fact, one tablespoon of honey contains 17g of sugar, whereas a tablespoon of sugar is only 12.5g. Fruit, of course, also contains massive mounts of sugar. If you've lost lots of weight, it's very likely down to you being more conscious of how much you eat, rather than what so I wouldn't exactly be spruiking it to anyone else.

You know, it's weird. Australia started going metric when I was still in primary school (10 years old) but, 55 years later, there is really only one imperial measure than I can't do in my head any more and that's stone. I know that I used to be 11 stone as a skinny teenager and I when I got over 13.5 stone in the Army, I'd feel like I needed to lose a bit but I've been about 120kg for the last 30 years and I have no idea how that relates to the old measures. Weird.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”