Ascension is a PC & Mac compatible 64-bit workstation synth. Reviewed 4/5 Stars in Computer Music Magazine (issue CM259).
With 4 powerful, FM enabled oscillators you can choose any mixture of subtractive, wavetable synthesis and a huge 6.3 GB ROM sound library and 1300 presets.
The synth also includes a multi-FX unit with 'Drag n Drop' signal processing chain, an arpeggiator with MIDI loop player (with 'Drag and Drop' support straight in to your DAW) along with a collection of over 1700 dancefloor ready royalty-free MIDI loops and much more.
Version 1.5.1 features:
• Native Support for M1 Silicon Mac OS 11.
• VST2 Support Discontinued.
• CPU/ Voice/ OSC usage bars added under Settings.
• Added choice for CPU or GPU UI rendering under Settings.
• Filter bypass feature added.
• Over 1300 presets included (Incl. new sounds for this version).
• 3 Oscillator types
• Four multi-select oscillators.
• High shelf and low shelf filters for each oscillator.
• Frequency modulation controls for each oscillator type.
• Pitch detune for each oscillator, with control over unison voices & width.
• Three oscillator types (subtractive, waveform, ROM).
• Waveform generator and editor for oscillators and LFOs.
• Waveform import.
• Two arpeggiator types: MIDI Player mode (3400 patterns), and internally controlled.
• Preset, oscillator & MIDI library browsers.
• Nine filter types including lowpass, highpass and bandpass.
• ASDR amplitude and filter envelopes.
• Four auxiliary modulation envelopes.
• Eight modulation matrix destinations.
• 2 LFOs with a choice of 4 waveforms & custom waveform mode.
• 6 FX units with configurable signal chain.
• Light and dark skin options.
• Windows & Mac VST3 / Audio Unit
• 64-Bit Plug-In only.
Its got a lot of sounds to choose from and low CPU usage for me atleast.
copy protection listed as keyfile its actually challenge response.Read Review
I'm glad I invested in it and hope to see more fantastic synths like this.
DMS Ascension excels in the generation of sounds like lead, synth-bass, pad, soundscapes.guitar, piano and arpeggio sequences, it is an adequate solution for a wide range of musical styles. searching for convincing virtual analog sounds, DMS Ascension will give you great satisfaction with the 11 GB of material you have to go high. .. absolutely essential in your setup.
DMS Ascension scores at something many products from renowned software manufacturers currently miss: an uncomprimising good sound and an amazing ease on system resources. (...) What comes out at the end, convinces all along the line: crystal-clear, pressureful, tonally almost a class of its own.
"All in all, DMS Ascension is a very well made plug-in, which not only for its well-organized control surface, but also for the exceptional sound quality can be absolutely convincing.Read Review
Pretty cool synth in overall, comes with alot of presets (being someone who often use stock presets, it offers alot of choices), the 4 oscillators allow nice combinations of sounds, same for the custom wavetables, the built-in effects, the mod matrix and arpeggiator are neat to have, the ui is clean and simple, , although a bit ressource intensive, not any near being unusable, but slows down the DAW a bit (in my case, FL Studio slows down a bit, may not apply to everyone). It reminds me a bit of Serum, but simpler and less feature pact, but at 80$, less than half the price of Serum, I can hardly complain.
That's a pass in my book. Thumbs up.Read Review
Hi, I have to admit it's a very good plug-in tool with a very nice and rough sound. Clear and easy to work with. Really a lot of sounds for EDM and POP music. MIDI pattern freely transferable to your DAW software. I would like to thank the company for its good work and contribution to the composer. Jirka Czech Republic.Read Review