The IQ-Series Comp is a compressor equipped with intelligence to achieve perfect results for all sorts of audio material. No matter if vocals, drums or other instruments: The HOFA IQ-Series Comp permanently adjusts all the relevant settings to fit the musical needs. Therefore it delivers the sonically best compression, depending on your settings.
Beyond that, the IQ-Series Comp is able to link the gain reduction with the integrated equalizer if needed. This feature allows you for example to boost the bass frequencies of the singer at the loudest parts and allows you to use completely new EQ variants depending on the compressors gain reduction e.g. while compressing drums.
- compressor with supremely intelligent/adaptive attack-, release- and ratio-settings.
- adaptive AUTO-mode.
- two compression modes, CALM & ROUGH.
- simple handling, concise representation.
- optimized for maximum compression with minimal artifacts (in your face & classic 80's British console buss compressor sound).
- mono, stereo, dual mono, MS (Lat Vert) operation modes, sidechaining and parallel-compression.
- look-ahead for compression to catch transient.
- innovative link-up of gain reduction with the two onboard EQs.
- allows precise equalisation according to the compressor's gain reduction.
- arbitrary shelving and peak filters can be used on the FlavorEQs.
- Flavor presets for quick results in the most common applications.
- EQ look ahead function for maximum transient punch.
- sidechain filter for controlled compression without pumping.
- innovative level & frequency reduction display for ideal optical control.
- changeable plugin window size.
- "set as default" preset.
- supports all common sample frequencies.
- PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs.
The HOFA IQ-Series Comp provides for:
- a very dense vocal- and drum sound without technical artifacts.
- simple realisation of "warm", "colourful" or simply novel and experimental compression sounds.
- stable and transient rich drum sounds even when played very dynamically.
- "triggered EQ" when mixing real drums:
- e.g. while processing the snare track the hihat remains gentle even if a lot of high frequencies are added.
- subtle to heavy dynamic processing, if necessary linked with precise to radical EQing.
- many innovative and accurate intervention options during mastering by use of CompLinkEqs in conjunction with MS processing, parallel compression, look ahead ...
- ahead compression combined with oversampled clipping for high loudness.