Aberrant DSP has released SketchCassette, a lo-fi cassette plug-in designed to recreate some of the sounds that cassettes can produce.
It includes everything from clean high fidelity performance with subtle filtering and saturation to total tape catastrophe and beyond.
SketchCassette, is first and foremost a lo-fi tape plugin, but is also designed to be endlessly versatile and well-suited on a huge variety of source material.
- Modeled from real, new old stock cassettes:
- Age modeling.
- Wow & flutter with sine and random wave modulation options.
- Deeply controllable dropouts.
- Accurate, stereo tape hiss.
- Tape type frequency profiles
- Type I: 1985 TDK D90.
- Type II: 1986 BASF Chromdioxid ii.
- Type IV (Metal): 1988 Sony Metal-SR.
- Noise-reduction encoding compression.