Ableton has announced the release of Probability Pack, a set of five innovative step sequencers and idea generators that add controlled randomization to any composition and performance process. Each sequencer has a unique way of introducing subtle or extreme randomization to patterns for unpredictable outcomes. Ableton say they are great for generating new ideas, creating variations of existing patterns and setting up unpredictable, ever-evolving musical textures on stage or in the studio.
The sequencers were designed for hands-on use with Push, but hardware is not necessary to use them. Probability Pack also comes with custom presets designed by Sonic Faction to show off the expressiveness of each device.
Probability Pack includes:
- Melodic Probability: A monophonic step sequencer made for melodies. Set the probability of the event, pitch and octave of each step.
- Rhythmic Probability: A polyphonic sequencer made for rhythms. Set the probability of the velocity, length and event of each step.
- Probability Arp: An arpeggiator with a built-in chord generator. Set the probability for rate, note direction (style), length and octave.
- Step Divider: A polyphonic sequencer where each step can be divided into any number of smaller subdivisions for glitchy and chaotic results.
- Dr. Chaos: A neural network that strings together notes and generates melodies in unpredictable ways.
- New Sounds: Over 60 Ableton synth presets, Instrument Racks and settings specifically designed for the sequencers are also included in Probability Pack.
Probability Pack was created by Sonic Faction – a collective of musicians, designers, programmers and tech-heads creating virtual instruments designed for the creative mind.
Probability Pack is now included in Ableton Live 10 Suite. To buy Live 10 Suite, head to the Ableton Shop.
Users who already own Live 10 Suite or Live 10 Standard and Max for Live can download the devices directly in the Live 10 browser or from their account at Ableton.com.