AMG has announced Metropolis, a new Hip Hop virtual instrument featuring over 4 GB of classic hip hop beats from Lukecage.
- 8 part multi-timbral Groove Activating Virtual Instrument. Each part comprising one loop channel, additional edit channel and 32 step-time parts so up to 272 fully programmable (16 groove-based, 256 step-time) loops in total, per instance.
- Includes dynamically indexed 4+ GB sample library featuring over 1400 brand new loops, plus a large selection of single shot sounds and hits. Presented as full mixes with isolated elements to quickly and easily mix and match.
- Loads Propellerhead Recycle REX and REX2 files & ACIDized loops plus WAV and AIFF Files.
- Powerful Sample Browser with user definable filters to quickly and easily find the sounds you want the way you want to.
- Instant Control - Loops automatically sync to host tempo with single-key trigger and real-time pitch shifting, loop slices can be individually triggered or MIDI data exported to edit in your host sequencer for total flexibility.
- Full Beat Editing - remove, mute, reverse, substitute or export any hit from within a groove. Nudge single hits or groups around, edit every hit or place controls assignable over MIDI on a note or groups of notes - all in real time too.
- Step-time Sequencer - TR-Style Step Sequencer with 32 slots you can load with your own samples or any hit from any loop in this library.
- Complete control & Powerful processing options - Powerful resonant multi-mode filter, 4 64 bit FX processors, all parameters controllable via user-assigned MIDI controller data.
Metropolis will be available soon for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and stand-alone formats (Intel-Mac to follow). It will cost £120 / $200 / €180.
Demo versions and the PDF manual are already available for download.