Artifake_Labs has announced the release of version 2.1 of Meltron MKX, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows that emulates the Mellotron.
- Five voice types: 3 violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass and String Section.
- "Loop" and "Non-Loop" modes: as the original "Mellotron", each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to "Loop Mode" and allows the samples to loop continuously (more easily playable).
- Layer possibilities and independent parameters for layer A and B.
- Attack, Release, Pan, Octave, Pitch, Tone and volume parameters.
- "Tape noise" knob to simulate tape hiss.
- Tape Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback and Pan parameters).
- Spring Reverb effect (Amount, Size, Damp and Pan parameters).
- Can be used as SoundFont Player to mix any .sf2 file with "Tron sounds".
- Low CPU load.