This VST plug-in uses the Taijiguy's Mellotron samples (taken from a 1973 Mellotron M400S - Serial #500). The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted "clicks" and "pops" here and there.
- Nine sound types: MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
- No loops: as the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, "the bad endings".
- Exclusive "Mellotronic Click Switch" (MCS). On real Mellotrons, "Click" can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head. On REDTRON_SE, these "clicks " are randomly generated when you hit a key : you don't hear twice the same and they can appear on any note. A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (of course, you can also completely disable it ). Note : this function is inactive when the attack parameter is set to any value different from zero.
- Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
- Independent parameters for sound A & B:
- Volume, Tone, Pan, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Attack & Release, Octave & Note parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Global Volume control.
- Global Tone control.
- Global Pitch control.