Audio Damage has announced the release of Kombinat, a new multi-band distortion plugin. Kombinat's signal structure allows for a broad palette of sounds, as each segment of the overall effect is a versatile tool in its own right. The Isolator is a full "DJ-style" band-killer EQ; this leads to the three distortion engines, which may be used in multi-band mode for subtle surgery, or in series mode for complete signal destruction. The engines go in to a four-pole lowpass filter of Audio Damage's own design, and then in to a compressor which Audio Damage has configured for one-knob operation. With seven different algorithms in each of the three distortion engines (plus pass-through), Kombinat is capable of sophisticated and unique sounds.
- "DJ" style three-band isolator EQ for band-killing effects.
- Three distortion engines, consisting of seven algorithms each (plus pass-through) that can operate per-band or in series. The included algorithms are Fuzz, Distortion, Saturation, Warp, Clip, Bit/Sample-Rate Reduction, and Ring Mod.
- Self-Resonating Four-pole lowpass filter.
- Compressor, configured for one-knob operation for ease of use.
- Full MIDI learn (VST version only) for hardware control of all parameters.
Kombinat is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X, and as an AudioUnit effect plug-in for Mac OS X. It costs $49 and is available for instant download in the Audio Damage store. The Mac OS X versions are Universal Binary for PPC and Intel Macs, and require 10.4.1 or later. The Windows version is VST2.4, and requires Windows XP SP2 or Vista.