Altiverb uses top quality samples of real spaces to create reverb, ranging from Sydney Opera House to the cabin of a fire truck. It offers an extensive set of parameters, it supports all plug-in formats on the Mac (VST, AU, MAS, RTAS, HTDM and now also AudioSuite), parameter automation and surround. Altiverb 5 lets you sample your own spaces, and Audio Ease claim that Altiverb is by far the most efficient convolution reverb.
A selection of changes:
- Copy protection: iLok authorization, or challenge/response.
- New Stage Positioning control allows you to place your source sound anywhere on stage.
- Four band EQ, tailored for reverb.
- Internal level meters.
- I/O controls for front, rear, center bleed and LFE channels.
- Separate Gains and Delays for Direct, Early Ref and Tail.
- Extensive CPU load control.
- Room Size shifts room modes and resonances.
- Reverse reverb mode.
- Internal test samples can be triggered from the Mac's keyboard.
- VR movies, pictures, statistics, mic layouts etc, in the info screen.
- Automatable preset switching.
- Built in presets, user presets.
- Impulse Responses in unlimited levels.
- Three band damping.
Altiverb costs US$595 for the MAS-VST-RTAS-AU-AudioSuite bundle or US$895 for the HTDM-RTAS-MAS-VST-AU-AudioSuite Bundle. Demo versions are available.