At AES, Avid introduced Pro Tools | MTRX, a versatile new audio interface for Pro Tools | HDX and HD Native. Developed by Digital Audio Denmark for Avid, Pro Tools | MTRX gives Pro Tools users the sonic quality of DAD's AD and DA converters—along with flexible monitoring, I/O, and routing capabilities—all in one powerful unit. Powered by the MediaCentral Platform, it integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools | S6 and Pro Tools | S3 control surfaces.
"The new Pro Tools | MTRX gives audio professionals amazing sonic quality and the power to customize the interface, giving them the control and flexibility they need to create high-quality content," said Tim Carroll, VP Product Management, audio at Avid. "Through Avid Everywhere, we're continuing to deliver powerful new solutions to help audio professionals deliver the most demanding audio post and pro mixing projects."
Pro Tools | MTRX will enable users to:
- Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with Pro Tools | S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces.
- Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface.
- Connect and route their entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O (MADI, Dante and SDI I/O option cards sold separately).
- Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools.
- Customize Pro Tools | MTRX to their needs through eight available 8-channel card slots.
- Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O.
- Get automatic sample rate conversion on AES inputs.
Pro Tools | MTRX will be available in Q4 2016. For more information visit www.avid.com.