Avid has released the full version of Avid Link, a free app for content creators. Available in the Apple App Store and Google Play, or as a direct download from the Avid Link product page, Avid Link enables anyone working in music, film and television or aspiring to—whether a novice or a pro and whether an Avid user or not—to improve their ability to promote their skills and get discovered; connect with the creative community; manage their projects, products and workflows; and expand their creative capabilities all in one place.
Avid Link allows users to connect with anyone whether they use Avid or third-party tools, and anywhere on the go via an iOS and Android mobile device or on home macOS or Windows systems. Avid creative tools users can open the app through Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius, and access their Avid Master Account information by logging in.
Avid Link features and benefits:
- Access latest news through the Home page – Users get access to the latest industry news, customer stories, blogs, and product info. They can also filter the news feed to suit their interests; discover tips and tricks; and be among the first to hear about new products. They can also gain workflow insight from creative pros.
- Showcase and get discovered through the Profile page – Avid Link gives users a powerful platform to tell their story and promote their work through the Profile tab. Users can get discovered and increase their creative opportunities by tagging their profile with specific skills, specialties and expertise, making it easier for others to find and connect.
- Connect with like-minded creators using Find Talent – Avid Link integrates with the entire Avid Community, making it easy for users to search for and find other artists, musicians, composers, video editors, producers, mixers, filmmakers and media professionals to collaborate with and follow. Users can select "Find Talent" to view the profiles of available talent, review their work, invite them to connect, and send messages about working together.
- Gain wisdom in the Lounges – Users can hang out in the Lounges and start or join a conversation, exchange ideas, and contribute to discussions about products, workflows, and the industry—all in real time.
- Communicate with others in Messages – With the ability to message connections right within Avid Link, it's easy for users to stay in touch with one another. They can share ideas and discuss projects in real time with a group of collaborators, seek advice and give it by forming mentorships within their own network.
- Access projects anywhere in Pro Tools Projects – In the Pro Tools Projects tab, users can easily invite and add any of their contacts to collaborate on projects. They can accept or decline invitations to collaborate on others' projects; view what content and changes have been shared; send messages to fellow collaborators; and get notified when others have done the same.
- Manage products with ease in Products – Users can easily manage, download, install, update, redeem, and renew their purchases and plans—and view all applications, licenses, plug-ins, and account info—all in one space. Users can also get access to the latest installers and documentation—or set up automatic software updates.
- Shop in the Marketplace – Users can further expand their creative capabilities by shopping the conveniently accessible Marketplace for new tools and add-ons.