Best Service has released Convolution Space, which is described as "an entirely new region of the sound universe containing unexplored and uncharted sonic landscapes". 8.5GB of lovingly handcrafted Stereo and 5.1 Surround textures is packed into the included Native Instruments Kontakt 2 Player - with 625 instruments built in to combine and explore these textures endlessly through the wonders of Convolution Based Spectral Recombination.
Select an instrument, play it on your keyboard and tweak the ModWheel - and the texture you're playing suddenly starts transforming into something completely different. You have entered Convolution Space.
Convolution Space was designed for all kind of atmospheres and is claimed to be the first one using this convolution technology:
- Abstract: Metaphysical and esoteric sounds that really fits no other description.
- Emotional: The beautiful, sad and ecstatic. Simply sounds that evoke emotion - mostly positive.
- Fantasy: Magical and otherworldly, these are sounds for your imagination.
- Mental: Sounds of the states of mind, ranging all the way from psychotic to the spiritual and psychedelic.
- Scary: Sinister and malice, all for your horror soundtrack. This is not for the faint of heart.
- SciFi: For the future and all of it's technology - and your high concept soundscape.
- Underground: dark and devoid of hope, these sound vibrate only downwards.
- Deep&Rumble: Earth-shattering and relentless in the one pursue of deeper realms.
- Structures: The eerie and strange; these are places you normally avoid.
- Technology: The imaginary sounds of communicating CPUs, searchlights and future machines.
Convolution Space has an MSRP of £159 / €199 (incl. VAT) and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU, RTAS and stand-alone formats thanks to the included Kontakt 2 Player.