QuikQuak has released Fusion Field - a smooth reverb designed to sit well in a mix. Its clean, unobtrusive, sound has a natural falloff that floats behind, and complements, the source material. Fusion Field is very easy to use, and the main display shows the effects of the dampening and EQ in a plain natural way. The reverberation can be dampened in the upper and lower frequencies, allowing soft sibilance and a graceful, lifting air to the sound.
Having very few controls does not hinder Fusion Field's usefulness. The dial ranges have been sloped to give the best sensitivity in useful regions, and the whole unit can create short snappy rooms, or vast time-suspended spaces, and anything in between.
Features / overview:
- A clean stereo reverb, with an even decay.
- High quality standards, with low CPU resources.
- Fast editing, for that quick grab effect.
- A single impulse source quickly gathers a complex diffusion.
- Intuitively linked Decay and Spread dials.
- Clear reflected sound, with a fast diffusion build up.
- Great for adding sheen to vocals, strings and ambiences.
- Plain visual feedback of filters.
- Zero latency.
- Completely reworked and enhanced diffusion reverb, based on RaySpace and Glass Viper.
Priced at £25, Fusion Field is available now for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in AU and VST formats.