Bluaudio has released version 1.1 of D8Bridge, software that converts your old Mackie D8B digital mixer into a modern, full-fledged DAW control surface.
D8Bridge communicates directly with your D8B mixer using its "Console Data" port via a custom serial cable. When a user touches a knob, a fader or a button, the software converts the commands into a more modern universal control protocol. This protocol is the "Mackie Control Universal" and it's compatible with most DAW software available on the market.
The Mackie Control hardware units have 9 faders total, 8 channels plus one master fader. To be able to use all of the D8B's 25 faders, they are emulating 3 complete units. It's like having 3 MCUs in one big box.
Changes and Updates in version 1.1:
- Fader routine/calculation redone for smoother operation (and fixes fader jumps).
- MCU init routine working now! (Fixed Cakewalk Sonar Compatibility).
- Pans are cleared out when D8B booting (might cause weird pans and such).
- Unmapped buttons now don't send "RecRdy Off" anymore.
- A lot of minor cosmetic changes here and there.
- Complete rewrite of the meter bridge routine (Faster, no more flicker).
- Added "Fast Faders" option (undocumented d8b feature!).
- Added automatic launch of DAW software (just add your DAW path in DAW.TXT).
- Added Select Hold for automation write (disable motors/fader touch emulation).
- Added support for channel display / assignment (the 2 digits now is 100% MCU).
- Changed the 5 seconds delay to a OK box in "Test Leds".
- Added "MCU Init" LEDs state in main window.
- Two "format" will be available for the application, 32 and 64bit.
For more information, please visit our web site: www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge