Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix 2.0, a new version of their all-in-one multiband dynamics plug-in that can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum.
With a brand new user interface (fully zoomable), redesigned algorithms, external side chain support and many new features and enhancements (full list below), this new version offers even more control over the dynamics of the audio signal with a greatly improved workflow. It is also available at a cheaper price (149 EUR/USD instead of 199 for version 1).
Upgrade to the new version is free for customers who purchased the plug-in in the past two years, and others can upgrade for a small fee (offer received by email). A special introduction price (20% off the plug-in) is available to new customers until January 31st, while registered Blue Cat Audio customers are granted an extra 13% discount during the same period. The plug-in is also available as part of the Energy Pack bundle, sold with 25% off until January 31st. Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in most popular plug-in formats for Mac and PC.
New in Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix 2.0:
- Price dropped to 149 EUR/USD (was previously 199).
- Fully redesigned algorithms with improved performance and precision.
- External side chain input.
- Control the maximum gain reduction or increase for each band using the new "Depth" parameter.
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Lock the GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Adjust contrast for spectrogram display.
- Spectrogram now keeps history when resized.
- Brand new presets manager with MIDI program and bank messages support, copy/paste.
- Added presets managers for individual bands and dynamics curve settings.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- VST3 plug-in format support.
- New installer on Mac.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
- Upgrade from V1: free for customers who purchased the plug-in in the past two years, 29 EUR/USD for others.
- 99 EUR/USD instead of 149 (33% off) for registered customers until January 31st.
- 119 EUR/USD instead of 149 (20% off) until January 31st for new customers.
- Energy Pack bundle: 299 EUR/USD instead of 399 (25% off) until January 31st.