Blue Cat Audio releases Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.32 Audio and MIDI Scripting Plug-in Update
Blue Cat Audio has released a free update for Blue Cat's Plug'n Script, its audio and MIDI scripting software that can be programmed to create your own effects or virtual instruments inside most Digital Audio Workstations (DAW).
This new version of the plug-in officially adds support for Apple M1 processors (was available as a preview), and brings many new MIDI and audio I/O features as well as many other improvements and fixes (full change list below).
New in Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.32:
- Single Installer on Mac (all plug-ins formats).
- Full Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- New "network slave" mode to run as an audio/MIDI processing server for the Connector plug-in.
- Windows: ASIO Control panel can now be launched from the audio settings window in the application.
- Audio engine can now be restarted from the audio settings window in the application.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Improved MIDI events timing precision in the application.
- Added MIDI tap tempo support for standalone application.
- Standalone application can now send MIDI events to external devices.
- Select individual MIDI I/O in standalone application.
- In most plug-in formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and "save as global setting" capabilities.
- The plug-in and app can now send MIDI events back to a control surface when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the user interface.
- It is now possible to export plug-ins with an unlimited number of parameters.
- The user interface does not throw errors anymore when using more than 48 input parameters in a script (they are simply not displayed).
- Fixed latency compensation changes not always picked up by host applications.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- VST3: fixed parameters update issues in Studio One when bouncing tracks.
- Windows: fixed an issue with Unicode window titles.
- MacOS: fixed export window colors in dark mode.
- MacOS: fixed plug-in editor positioning issues in some hosts with some particular zoom values.
- Intel or M1 Mac running Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
Blue Cat's Plug'n Script: 79 EUR or $79 (instead of 99 EUR or $99), until July 23rd, 2022.
The update is free for registered V3 customers and can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). A special re-introduction price (20% off) is available to new customers until July 23rd, while other existing customers will receive an offer by email.
Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com for Mac and PC.