Blue Cat Audio releases "Connector" Streaming Plug-in
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's Connector, a new universal connection plug-in that can be used to route audio and MIDI almost anywhere "in the box".
Also described as a "virtual cable for your virtual studio", Connector can stream audio and MIDI in real time, between any locations that can load plug-ins, inside one or several applications, on one or several machines connected to a network.
The plug-in offers total control over the streaming to achieve the lowest possible latencies (down to 0 samples, when used in a single application), and its built-in resampling and drift compensation algorithms take care of any potential synchronization issues between hosts for a very stable connection, even when no master clock is available.
Blue Cat's Connector Main Features:
- Universal connection plug-in available in VST, VST3, AAX or Audio Unit format.
- Create your own audio/MIDI routings inside your DAW (feedback loops allowed).
- Create connections between any audio software on one or multiple computers.
- Minimal latency, with full control over buffering.
- Supports multiple sampling rates on a single connection (built-in resampling).
- Built-in drift compensation.
- Send and receive back audio/MIDI with a single instance.
- Intel or M1 Mac running Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
Introduction Pricing: 39 USD/EUR (Reg. 49 / 20% off) until February 20th, 2022.