With brand new user interface designs, dozens of new features, improved third party plug-ins support and audio routing, these new versions aim at redefining the user experience and streamlining the workflow.
Both plug-ins are now available for purchase with a special introduction price until March 15th (15% and 10% off), and demo versions can be found on www.bluecataudio.com. Existing customers who purchased the plug-ins in the past 6 months will get the new versions for free while others can upgrade for a small fee (upgrade path details here).
New features for both plug-ins:
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Favorite plug-ins and their settings can be saved to be quickly reloaded later from a menu.
- Unused channels for each hosted plug-in can now be muted (instead of default pass-thru).
- Load/save native VST, VST3 or AU preset files.
- Missing VST & VST3 plug-ins are now automatically relocated.
- Presets and parameters menus are now split in sub menus instead of a single list.
- Additional user VST path to locate VST plug-ins is now available.
- Fully compatible with previous versions.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
New for Blue Cat's PatchWork V2:
- Hide plug-ins slots to minimize the plug-in.
- Lock GUI state and in/out gain to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Output gain is now always active, even when using a single PRE column.
- Exclusive solo mode for parallel chains.
- Show or hide all plug-ins editors with single click.
- Standalone application: drag and drop preset files on the application to load preset instantly on startup (and create shortcuts to launch app with a specific preset).
New for Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer V3:
- Copy/paste and save band settings (including plug-ins) as sub-presets.
- Map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them in host or control them with MIDI.
- Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Band Controls Groups can now be identified by colors.
- Adjust contrast for spectrogram display.
- Spectrogram now keeps history when resized.
- Import spectrum curves for EQ compare & matching, and export EQ curves to share with other Blue Cat Audio plug-ins.
Pricing (VAT excluded):
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 84 EUR or $109, instead of 99 EUR or $129 (15% off until March 15th).
- Blue Cat's PatchWork: 71 EUR or $89, instead of 79 EUR or $99 (10% off until March 15th).
- Upgrade to MB-7 Mixer V3: 19 EUR or $25.
- Upgrade to PatchWork V2: 15 EUR or $19.