Blue Cat Audio has updated its stereo brickwall limiter, Blue Cat's Protector, to v1.1 for Windows and announced its availability for Mac OS X for the first time. The plug-in is now available for Mac OS X in VST and Audio Unit formats and the update includes several improvements and fixes to the Windows VST and DirectX versions.
New in Blue Cat's Protector v1.1:
- Mac Audio Unit and VST support.
- New Windows installers (much faster install, improved upgrades).
- Automation output can now be disabled for hosts that do not propose automated parameters choice.
- (Bug Fix): fixed MIDI learn issues.
- (Bug Fix): window opacity is now properly reset when selecting factory presets.
The plug-in can be purchased alone or within the Blue Cat's Master Pack plug-ins bundle. A demo version is available for download and the product can currently be purchased at a special introductory price of €53.10 (instead of €59) / $71.10 (instead of $79).