brainspawn forte: Solo Public Beta released
forte is a "virtual instrument rack" for DXi soft-synth plugins, offering more control and convenience than a traditional rack of hardware MIDI sound modules. forte is optimised for the stage, with low latency audio, vast MIDI routing capabilities, and unique live performance features.
- Multiple Simultaneous Soft-Synths, MIDI Inputs, and Soundcard Outputs
- Play an entire ensemble of MIDI controllers into a rack of soft-synths.
- "Ensemble" model supports up to 32 soft-synths in a rack and up to 32 WDM soundcard outputs.
- Advanced MIDI Control:
- Create complex MIDI keyboard splits and layers across multiple soft-synths.
- Remap MIDI preset, channel, and controller data independently on each soft-synth for maximum control.
- Remotely change patches and scenes from MIDI input devices.
- Scene support: Use multiple "scenes" in a rack to rapidly change MIDI and audio routing, synth patches, and effects settings between songs.
- Audio Effects: Add multiple audio effect plugins to soft-synths and audio buss outputs.
- Ultra Low Latency: forte uses WDM soundcard drivers to enable MIDI-to-audio latency comparable to or better than hardware sound modules. In many cases, latency is so low you can play MIDI drum pads into soft-samplers with high accuracy.
- Hands-off Operation
- Configure forte to start automatically on boot-up and load the last-used rack. This means you don't need keyboards, mice, or even a monitor to get forte running.
- Change scenes or patches remotely from MIDI controllers.
- Use SceneView to see the scene list in full-screen large font.
- Access to Favourite Sounds: Organize your favourite soft-synth and effects patches using favourites lists, recently-used lists, and MIDI automation.
- Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro SP3 or Windows XP Home/Pro SP1 or higher.
- Processor Speed: Minimum 1.5GHz.
- Memory: 128MB – some plugins such as soft-samplers may require more.
- Plug-Ins: At least one supported DXi soft-synth (VST/VSTi plugins wrapped in DirectiXer work well).
- MIDI: At least one Windows compatible MIDI input port.
- Audio Output Device: At least one Windows WDM-compliant audio output device.
- Graphics: 1024x768 256 colour graphics mode or higher.