Brainspawn has release Forte 4.2, the next update to the Forte product.
- Rack Visual Updates – The rack visuals have been changed to make them "flatter" (all the rage these days) with less color splash. The bus modules have also been changed to distinguish them visually from instrument modules.
- Rack Visual Scaling – The rack view can now be scaled larger or smaller to match your display including the newer Ultra-HD monitors with 4K resolution. The preferences are located in the Options Menu under Program Settings. See the Rack Display Appearance page.
- SceneView Visual Improvements – SceneView has been updated to make the interactive buttons more visible, especially the all important PANIC and POWER buttons, which are now red. Additionally, by selecting the included "lowres.css" style sheet in Program Settings SceneView page (this file is located in the installation folder), a user can now make SceneView work on a monitor with 800×600 resolution.
- SceneView Enhancements – SceneView now also includes an Audio and MIDI diagnostic section at the top which enables you to quickly see system status including MIDI event counts, audio dropout counts, sample rate, and buffer size (latency.).
- Windows Audio Session – Added WASAPI support and made it default audio mode. This will allow first-time users to experience Forte even without specialized ASIO audio hardware using only their laptop sound.
- Included VSTi Synth Plugin – Forte now includes TAL-Elek7ro-II VSTi courtesy of the good folks at Togu Audio Line (https://tal-software.com). This enables first-time users to get started faster. The plug-in is installed in the Forte installation folder and is automatically discovered without having to run the Plugin Manager.
- Demo Rack – Forte now includes a demo rack that is loaded on first-time startup. This rack can then be opened again with the new File menu command Open Demo Rack. This rack file demonstrates some basic capabilities using the included TAL-Elek7ro plugin.
- Updated Audio Settings – The Audio Settings page in Program Settings has been redesigned for clarity. The buffer size selection is now a slider which is easily changeable. Also, a drop list enables a user to select a preferred audio output when adding the first instrument to an empty rack.
- First Time Startup – Forte now does not have to restart when choosing audio settings on first-time startup.
- New shortcut keys – F2=Program Settings, Ctrl-A = audio settings (when the plugin consoles are closed).
- Fixed the most frequently encountered Forte crash: the crash on restart after choosing audio settings for the 1st time.
- The bus module volume slider now includes a live update tooltip again (it went missing for awhile).
- Fixed the long-standing problem where undocked plugins would not re-open to the correct screen location but would be reduced in size.
- Fixed some issues with Arturia plug-ins not reacting correctly to scene changes: Vox, Matrix, and Solina.
- Several rack editor fixes and visual enhancements (including a crash and an instance where changes didn't behave as expected).
- And many other things...
The update is free to Forte customers. Get it here...