Bremmers Audio Design has released version 3.2 of MultitrackStudio for iPad.
New in version 3.2:
- MIDI editors: you can now select a note by just tapping it (you no longer have to wait for the selector to pop up). Also applies to dots in automation/MIDI controller editors.
- MIDI editors: notes being added are less likely to be covered by your finger.
- MIDI editors: New 'Duration only' quantization type. The existing 'Full' en 'Keep Note Off' types have been renamed to 'Start and End' en 'Keep End'.
- MIDI editors: Quantize resolution selector menu now has 'Type value' option which allows for entering tuplets. You can type '5 in 1/4' to quantize to quintuplets of 16th for example.
- Score editor: vertical zooming now uses much smaller steps, this makes it more useful.
- EQ: graph now has 6 colored dots, corresponding to the 6 EQ bands. Dots can be moved (the corresponding frequency and gain knobs will be adjusted accordingly). Dot movements can be recorded as automation (Pro Extension).
- EQ can now show audio spectrum. The 'Spectrum' menu provides several settings. (Audio spectrum used to be displayed in the Master section only and you couldn't customize anything.).
- An EQ effect in the Master section can now display a reference spectrum. A standard one is built-in, and you can extract the spectrum from audio files using the 'Import' option.
- Master Limiter / Noise Gate: histogram 'curtain' movements can be recorded as automation (Pro Extension).
- External MIDI Instrument windows: Patchmap selection is moved to options menu ('hamburger' button). The default patchmap can be selected there as well (was in Preferences pane).
- Devices pane now has option to enable iOS measurement mode.
- Added audio latency options of 128 and 64 frames.
- SoundFont Player: better support for soundfonts with very large release times (like 'GeneralUser GS'). You need to import the soundfont again to benefit from the improvements.
- AU compatibility improvements.