Bremmers Audio Design have released MultitrackStudio 7.8 for Windows and Mac OS X. The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after September 1, 2012. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).
- Matrix Sampler.
- New 'Matrix' and 'Chords' onscreen keyboards.
- Overview bar shows editor data while scrolling an editor. Works for all editors except the Song Editor and Multitrack Editor. Works with Mac trackpad (OS X 10.7 or newer) and touchscreens (Windows).
- Audio input level fader appears at top of the main window when it's needed (if the audio device supports level control). The Audio Input Control window has been removed along with the 'Automatically assign channels to tracks' option.
- MIDI tracks using External MIDI Instruments now support automation of volume fader/pan knob (works for playback only). (Pro Plus edition).
- Enable Mixer button is removed from Song Properties window. Any existing songs using this will be converted automatically.
- Track audio input selector shows level meters even if Rec button isn't engaged. These meters don't appear in the Lite edition.
- Audio track can now be in practice mode even while other tracks are recording audio.
- Audio devices can have up to 140 channels now (was 96).
- Mac: editors scroll smoother with trackpad.
- Mac: improved .aif file compatibility.
- Improved LAME MP3 encoder compatibility.
- Pseudo Stereo effect is renamed to Stereo Imager, and now processes stereo input signals as well.
- Compressor, Dynamics, Phaser and Saturator effects no longer use a lot of CPU power while automated knobs are moving (Pro Plus edition).
- Convolutor effect: Volume knob can now be automated (Pro Plus edition).
- Echo effect: Mix knob now controls input of echo loop rather than output. This makes things like adding echoes to certain words only easier (using Automation).
- "Expand to Chord" menu plays the chord before clicking it.
- Onscreen keyboard's Keyboard layout has another octave of keyboard shortcuts.
- Audio editors could flicker while scrolling backwards.
- Exception error on trying to export empty song as .zip file.
- Windows: grid bar (above editors) didn't show cycle region if no markers were present.