DUY has announced the release of the native versions of DaD Tape, available now in RTAS, Audio Units, VST and MAS formats for Mac OS X Universal Binary.
DaD Tape was originally developed for TDM in the mid-90s to satisfy the needs of digital recording technology, and escape the “cold digital recording media”. To achieve the desired results, four of the most representative tape machines in the market were physically modelled. DUY also simulated three of the most common noise reduction systems, and even added a proprietary noiseless-tape mode. All these features are integrated into DUY DaD Tape, along with a switch that allows to switch between tape speeds.
- Real analog tape sound, with its classic warmth, within the digital domain, and with characteristics and control impossible to achieve in conventional tape recorders.
- Modelling of the four most representative tape recorders on the market: an old vintage machine with valve circuitry, a transistor based machine of the late 60's, an operational-amplifier-based machine of the 70's and a machine of the latest generation.
- Simulation of the three most common noise reduction systems, plus a proprietary noiseless-tape mode.
- Switchable tape speed (7 1/2 ips - 15 ips - 30 ips) allows maximum control and even permits unusual combinations of tape recorders and speeds.
- User adjustable operating level.
- Independent input and output sliders and meters.
- Easy and intuitive user interface.
- It rounds off peak transients and adds warmth to electronic and acoustic instruments, either individually or by sections or sub-mixes.
- Especially suitable for percussive sounds.
- Mastering of complete mixes.
- Typical applications include music, film soundtracks, audio post-production, mastering, broadcast and multimedia.
DUY DaD Tape for RTAS, AU, VST and MAS is shipping now, and is priced at €299. DUY offers a special price of €239 for registered users of EverPack 2.5 & 3, Magic Spectrum 1.0 or MagicEQ LE 1.0. This native version of DUY DaD Tape can also be purchased as any of the multiple native bundles containing it, offering greater savings.