Eyosido Software has announced the release of version 1.1 of eyoControl for the iPad.
This free update to the MIDI controllers ensemble adds support for the iPad's native MIDI wireless connectivity (CoreMIDI), enabling users to connect to their DAW without requiring eyoControl Server. The latter is still being supported and provides advanced connectivity options for Mac users.
The CoreMIDI update also brings Windows XP/Vista/7 compatibility through the third-party rtpMIDI software (see details on eyosido.com), which makes eyoControl compatible with most Windows based DAW.
This update adds a fourth entry in the controller library, mXY, a highly configurable multi X/Y controller. mXY has the following features:
- 4 independent X/Y controllers.
- Merge and Split modes: controllers can placed either in a common area (merged) or in individual slots (split).
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 controllers on screen simultaneously.
- Controller axis individually assignable to Pitch Bend or any of 56 MIDI continuous controllers.
- Enable/disable X and Y axis for each controller with a single tap.
- Swap the settings of X and Y axis with a single tap.
- Mirror mode: values can be mirrored in each direction around center position.
- Reversed mode: min. and max. values can be reversed.
- Return to center mode: releasing a controller makes it go back to center position.
- Sticky mode: for easy positioning at center position.
- Outer grip (Split mode only): enables to move a controller by dragging finger outside of the controller's button.
- Fine mode: choose between high or low resolution values for controllers whose values are larger than 8 bits.
- Choose between 2 button sizes per controller.
- Support for portrait and landscape orientations.
- Controller settings are preserved for later reuse.