FabFilter has announced the release of FabFilter Pro-C 2, a major update to the FabFilter Pro-C compressor plug-in. Five brand-new compression styles make FabFilter Pro-C 2 even easier to set up and more effective in common scenarios such as vocal processing, mastering or EDM pumping. It's like getting five new compressors. Together with an abundance of new features, such as lookahead, range, hold, side-chain EQ, oversampling, and a fully redesigned user interface, FabFilter Pro-C 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way while respecting the original's transparency and elegance.
Compress with style
FabFilter Pro-C 2 introduces five new, carefully designed compressor algorithms, each with a unique character and feel. Using the Vocal style, getting a lead vocal upfront in your mix is as easy as choosing the right threshold. The Mastering style is designed to be as transparent as possible, while still being able to catch those fast transients. To add a pleasant 'glue' to drums or mix buses, the Bus style will work wonders. Finally, the Punch style delivers traditional, analog-like compression behavior, which sounds good on anything, while the Pumping algorithm offers deep and over-the-top pumping — great for drum processing or EDM.
All you need
A rich set of new features offers more control over the compressor's sound and character. The knee is now freely adjustable from 0 dB up to 72 dB, and the range setting lets you easily limit the maximum amount of gain change. The smooth lookahead (up to 20 ms) and hold settings help you to catch any peak while minimizing distortion. The optional high-quality oversampling (up to 4x) further ensures the most transparent results possible by reducing aliasing. Last but not least, advanced side-chain EQ'ing and M/S processing is easier than ever thanks to FabFilter Pro-C 2's dedicated side-chain section.
The well laid-out, fully-redesigned Retina interface offers insightful metering with real-time displays that will greatly improve workflow. The large animated level/knee display visualizes exactly when, why and how compression is applied to incoming audio. Accurate level meters show the exact peak and loudness values, while the circular side-chain input meter turns finding the right threshold setting into a trivial task. In short, FabFilter Pro-C 2 wraps excellent sound quality and an extensive feature set in a polished, time-saving user interface.
- Eight different compression styles, five of which are new in version 2: Vocal, Mastering, Bus, Punch and Pumping.
- Remarkable Retina interface, with (optional) animated level knee displays and accurate peak/loudness metering.
- Side-chain EQ section, with customizable HP and LP filters, plus an additional freely adjustable filter.
- Program-dependent attack and release curves.
- Smooth Lookahead (up to 20 ms), which can be enabled/disabled to ensure zero-latency processing.
- Intelligent Auto Gain.
- Hold (up to 500 ms).
- Custom Knee, variable from hard knee to a 72 dB soft knee (to enable saturation-like effects).
- Auto Release.
- Up to 4x Oversampling.
- Variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, with mid-only, side-only, M > S and S > M processing.
- Audition Triggering option, which enables users to hear on which parts of the audio FabFilter Pro-C 2 is triggering and how much compression is being applied.
- Multiple interface sizes (Small, Medium, and Large), plus Full Screen mode, offering a large level display and side-chain EQ controller.
- Range setting, which limits the maximum applied gain change.
- Mix setting, which scales the gain change from 0% to 200%.
- Accurate, large level and gain meters, with peak and loudness level visualization (which complies with the Momentary mode of the EBU R128 / ITU-R 1770 standards).
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
- External side-chain triggering.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Optional MIDI triggering.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
FabFilter Pro-C 2 is now available for EUR 149, USD 179 or GBP 114, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-C 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Pro-C 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account at: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.