With FX Teleport it's not only possible, but also very easy to setup a DAW on multiple computers connected via TCP/IP LAN. Working with FX Teleport is as easy as launching a VST host on one machine and VST instruments and FX on the other(s) and enjoying the newly configured audio processing farm. One can even dedicate a whole computer to a favourite VSTi.
Why may one need FX Teleport:
- If CPU resource on the main DAW machine is insufficient, one may want to use another machine for the heaviest FX.
- Even if CPU horsepower is sufficient, adding an extra machine will eliminate the peaks of CPU, HD and RAM usage, increasing the reliability of the system.
- Convenience reasons: a dedicated machine means dedicated keyboard, mouse and monitor just for control over FX.
- Overall stability: in case FX plug-in crashes the machine, the host machine with song/the project will remain stable and project won't be lost.
FX Teleport features:
- Unique VST over LAN solution: - Reduces DAW CPU load. - Provides dedicated terminal for FX. - Prevents loss of data when FX crashes.
- Full host integration: - FX parameters saved in the host song/project file. - Host automation support. - Audio streams to host mixer.
- Instant remote/local mode switch.
- No jitter.
- Small and constant latency.
- Automatic and manual latency adjustment.
- Sample accurate mode enabled.
- Live performance enabled.
- VST 2 support.
- Support of multi-input and multi-output FX and instruments.
- UDP and TCP support.
Pricing and Availability:
FX Teleport for Windows 98/ME/2k/XP is released and available immediately for $79 / Eu79 for 1 host + 1 FX server configuration. A 14-day trial version is available.