Gallo Engineering has announced that the Mac OS X VST Universal Binary version of Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom), the free Guitar Tube Amp Modeling VST plug-in, is now available.
Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom) is a guitar tube amplifier modeling plug-in that is designed to mimic the character of "British"-style vacuum tube heads. This virtual tube amplifier processor is based on authentic models of 12AX7A vacuum tube preamps and tube power stages. While primarily intended for guitar amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, Studio Devil BVC excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.
British Valve Custom features the basic controls of a guitar amp: GAIN, TONE, and DRIVE. It is based on the gain structure of popular British Valve (Tube) heads like those made by Marshall with some subtle modifications to give it slightly more gain. The dynamic response and tone is faithful to those from real vacuum tube amps and reacts to your playing style just like the real thing.
- Accurate 12AX7A vacuum tube preamplifier stage emulation with DRIVE control.
- Gain structure signal path that's true to those on vintage tube amp schematics.
- Authentic Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence TONE controls just like those on real tube amps.
- Push-pull tube power amplifier model with DRIVE control.
- FIR-based speaker/cabinet/mic modeling filter built in for a "miked-up" tone.
- 4X Up-Sampling Engine with 64-bit Internal Floating-Point Precision.
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 196kHz sampling rate support.
The Mac version of Studio Devil BVC's commercial brother, Studio Devil VGA (Virtual Guitar Amp), is not yet ready for release but it will be available for Mac VST and Audio Units soon.