Gallo Engineering has announced the release of Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp.
Studio Devil VGA (Virtual Guitar Amp) is a guitar tube amplifier modeling plug-in for Windows VST-compatible audio hosts that is designed to mimic the character of 18 distinct vacuum tube amplifier channels. This virtual tube amplifier processor is based on authentic models of 12AX7A vacuum tube preamps and tube power stages. While primarily intended for guitar amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, Studio Devil VGA excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.
Studio Devil's vacuum tube modeling technology uses a dynamic tube emulation algorithm that sets them apart from other amp simulators. Whereas other digital emulations lack much of the expressive dynamic distortion character found naturally in tube preamps, Studio Devil's distortion model was designed from the ground up with this requirement in mind. Based on measurements from real 12AX7A preamps, Studio Devil's distortion curves and dynamic character closely mimic those in real preamplifier stages.
Virtual Guitar Amp is easily configured to model a wide range of guitar amplifiers through the setting of three selector switches: STYLE, CHANNEL, and BOOST. Each of the 18 possible configurations of these switches emulates a distinct channel that's based on the gain structure and schematic of a real tube amp. The amps modeled by Virtual Guitar Amp were selected to cover the broadest range of guitar playing styles, so there's something in there for everyone.
Studio Devil VGA also features the basic controls of any real guitar amp: GAIN and TONE. Combined with a push-pull power amp model with DRIVE control, Virtual Guitar Amp provides virtually limitless tonal possibilities. The dynamic response and tone are faithful to those you'd expect from real vacuum tube amps and reacts to your playing style just like the real thing. In addition to the ultimate in tube amplifier tone, Studio Devil also delivers two cabinet emulators and a noise gate. Both can be bypassed, giving you the freedom to chain Virtual Guitar Amp with any of your favorite third-party impulse modeling and noise reduction plug-ins.
- 18 Distinct Amplifier Models selectable from STYLE, CHANNEL, and BOOST switches.
- Three Unique Amplifier Styles: Classic, British, and Modern all based on 12AX7A tube models and tone circuit modeling algorithms.
- Three Independent Channels for each style: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Boost Switch re-configures and "hot-rods" each preamp stage for increased gain and modified lead tone!
- Authentic Tone Controls: Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence controls just like those on coveted tube amps!
- Power Amp Drive Control to adjust natural power amp compression.
- 2 Cabinet Models: FIR-based speaker cabinet and post-production modeling filters give the final sound the finishing touches!
- D.I. Box Emulation: bypasses the speaker emulation to allow compatibility with other impulse modeling cabinet & room sims.
- Built In Noise Gate with threshold and bypass controls.
Priced at $79, Virtual Guitar Amp is available now as a VST effect plug-in for Windows.