The first new product based on this acquisition is Miroslav Philharmonik, a powerful integrated Orchestral Workstation plug-in combining the legendary Miroslav Orchestral and Choir sample collection masterpieces with a dedicated plug-in instrument specifically tailored toward classical sounds and arrangements. For the first time this complete symphonic collection is available as a virtual instrument plug-in for a fraction of its original price.
Previously unreleased material and new advanced programming
The sound designers at Sonic Reality and IK Multimedia have made a great effort to preserve and bring out the finest qualities of the original orchestra and choir collections, and to add many previously unreleased samples. With the advent of IK's STRETCH engine and other powerful features, Miroslav Philharmonik offers enhanced realism for orchestral performances with real-time glissando, fluid pitch bends, performance-based time-stretching and more.
A complete orchestra at your fingertips
Miroslav orchestral samples are some of the most playable and inspiring sounds for symphonic arrangements and compositions. They've marked the atmosphere of numerous films and productions and have become the tool of choice for many Oscar-winning composers. Beautifully recorded at the Dvorak Symphony Hall in Prague by Miroslav Vitous, these sounds have "texture, warmth, and beauty".
Solo Instruments, String Ensembles, Woodwinds and Brass Ensembles, Classical Percussion, Harp, Classical Choirs, plus, Cathedral Pipe Organ, Classical Guitar, Concert Piano and Harpsichord together make up more than 5 gigabytes of premium symphonic samples with all the material from the original Miroslav sample library collections and previously unreleased samples.
Top-class instrument plug-in
Miroslav Philharmonik offers 16 multi-timbral and layerable parts, 3 synth engines including STRETCH, built-in DSP effects, 256 note polyphony, and much more.
Expressive performance articulations
Strings with Vibrato, No Vibrato, Mute, Detache', Pizzicato, Staccato, Sul Ponte, Sul Ponte Tremolo, with various speeds and multiple velocities for the ultimate expression. Woodwind and Brass Ensembles feature the same attention to detail as the strings with both solos and ensembles. The choir section includes sustained vowels in multiple dynamics, plus, Brumendo, Espressivo and Staccato including oohs, ahhs, mms and more.
- 16 part multi-timbral sample-based orchestral workstation.
- Over 500 orchestral sounds, combis and presets.
- Over 5 GB of samples on 2 DVDs.
- Includes classic DSP effects - 4 per instrument.
- Multiple synth engines including STRETCH and Pitch-shift/Timestretch.
- Mix view allows full mix parameter control.
- Classical music-oriented parameters make it easy to use.
- Zone feature for accurate single sample editing.
- Full MIDI control of performance parameters.
- Part preset and combi preset customization features.
- Convenient back up function.
- Customizable keywords and sound search function with integrated sound database and instrument images.
- 256 notes polyphony.
- Available as a VST, RTAS, DXi, AU plug-in for MacOS X and Windows.
- Sounds also compatible with SampleTank 2.
Miroslav Philharmonik is expected to be released within the summer of 2005. MSRP will be $/€ 499 and will be available exclusively from IK Multimedia and its distributors and dealers worldwide.