J1000 has released CL36 v1.0, a free 3-band waveshaping soft-clipper. It shares the layout and crossover network with SX36 stereo processor. Each frequency range has the same controls - clipping amount and bias, output gain and modulation.
CL36 is designed for taming transients of percussive sounds and generally instruments with sharp attacks and decays. Equally useful on full-mixes for squeezing out few extra dBs.
- Three-band soft-clipping;
- Two waveshaping curves – normal and hard;
- Additional full-range soft-clipping stage for keeping levels below 0dBFS;
- Waveshaping bias control with optional LFO modulation;
- Mid+Side processing mode;
- Output filtering of low and high ends of spectrum;
- Second order (12dB/oct) crossover to preserve spectrum continuity;
- Zoomable waveform display showing combined channels output;
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption.