Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software v8.1, featuring three new plug-ins — the new Neve 88RS Channel Strip Collection, as well as the Softube-developed Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 and Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor.
Neve 88RS Channel Strip Collection — $299 ($149 upgrade for existing owners of Neve 88RS Legacy plug-in): Introduced in 2001, the Neve 88 Series large-format analog console is renowned for its depth, airiness, and clarity. Not surprisingly, Neve 88 Series consoles are found in some of the world's finest recording studios and scoring stages, including Skywalker Ranch, Capitol, Abbey Road, and United/Ocean Way studios.
UA's team of engineers have improved each section of the original Neve 88RS Channel Strip plug-in and incorporated Unison technology (exclusively on Apollo preamps), capturing all of the 88RS mic/line preamp's impedance, gain stage "sweet spots, " and circuit behaviors that have made it the modern benchmark in analog preamp design. In addition, the all-new Neve 88RS Channel Strip Collection — which also includes the Legacy version — features presets from famous Neve 88RS users, including Jimmy Douglass (Timbaland, Justin Timberlake), Andrew Dawson (Kanye West, Jay-Z), Joey Waronker (Beck, Lisa Germano), and Ryan West (Maroon 5, Eminem).
- End-to-end Neve 88RS channel strip circuit emulation.
- Provides the clarity and openness of Neve's famous 88RS transformer-based mic preamp.
- Features the legendary Neve 88RS Formant Spectrum EQ and Dynamics sections.
- Control Apollo interface mic preamp gain staging and impedance directly from the Neve 88RS plug-in with Unison technology.
- Package includes legacy Neve 88RS and Legacy 88RS "DSP light" EQ plug-ins.
Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 Plug-In ($199): From Jimi Hendrix to Jimmy Page, Duane Allman to Eric Clapton, the Plexi's snarl, sustain, smoothness, and raunch defined the sound of rock. Developed by Softube — and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces — the Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 plug-in is an emulation of this 100-watt British classic.
- Authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall Plexi Super Lead amplifier.
- Three different microphone combinations — FET, Valve, and Dynamic.
- Onboard mixer features microphone level, pan, and global two-band EQ.
- 50 presets designed by AC/DC engineer Tony Platt.
Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor Plug-In — $299: Denmark's Tube-Tech have been a leading purveyor of high-end tube hardware for over 30 years. The company's flagship CL 1B compressor is a staple in recording studios worldwide and a go-to dynamics processor for a who's-who of modern pop artists including Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, and Kanye West. Also developed by Softube — and officially endorsed by Tube-Tech — the CL 1B Compressor plug-in for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces is designed to give a user opto-based tube compression to smooth any source.
- An emulation of a modern classic compressor, fully authenticated by Tube-Tech, Denmark.
- Tames dynamics without adding artifacts.
- Fine-tune compression with three-position Attack/Release selector.
All new plug-ins require a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide.