Leapwing Audio has announced the release of DynOne, a unique multiband parallel compressor designed from the ground up, using "very gentle and great sounding" linear phase crossover filters. Its design allows you to mix in compressed filter bands with the original signal. This makes it possible to shape and tonalize your sound without squashing its dynamics.
DynOne has four unique features. You can set minimum and maximum attack and release values for an adaptive compression timing which is dependent on the crest factor, making it sound musical. There is also a slider to set the envelope detection circuit to RMS or peak, or anything in between. And multi-mono to stereo variable channel linking. The last unique feature is that the sidechain input of each band is defined by a variable weighted mix of that particular band versus the other adjacent bands; one weighting slider gives you intuitive control over the sidechain inputs.
All of these features are available in an intuitive interface. It allows you to tonalize your sound and fatten it up, all within seconds.
- Compression control for each of the 5 bands.
- Parallel mode where you add the compressed signal to the original.
- Variable peak to RMS detection.
- Multi-mono to stereo channel linking variable control.
- Upward expansion possibility per band.
- Set different minimum and maximum attack and release values. Compression will use values closer to minimum when the crest factor is higher and closer to maximum when it's lower.
- Weighting option to tweak the sidechain input mix for each of the bands. The weighted mix can vary between its own band and a combination of adjacent bands, so it gets closer to a single compressor behaviour.
- Mastering - Production - Mixing - Post-production.
- Tonalize a vocal, bass, keys, guitar or drums.
- Fatten up drum submixes.
- Put the vocal more upfront in your mix.
- All-in-one mastering dynamics control.
- Enhance dynamics of drums.
Leapwing Audio DynOne is now available for EUR 199, USD 199 or GBP 179, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST2, VST3, Audio Units, and AAX plug-in formats.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10 or 8 and a VST2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.10 or higher, and an Audio Units host, VST2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Only 64-bit hosts are supported.