Man Makes Noise has released The Lobby Piano - Playable Techniques, a free multi-format sample library.
The Lobby Piano is a small grand piano in a lobby. Man Makes Noise originally recorded the piano for The Lobby Piano Omnisphere library and ever since its release Man Makes Noise has had plans to go back and record more from said piano. This has been impossible due to Covid restrictions, so Man Makes Noise decided to go through the material already recorded and find the most interesting sounds there.
Man Makes Noise chose 10 different styles and techniques from the original recordings. As nothing was recorded chromatically Man Makes Noise had to construct the samples for each of the 10 techniques with sound design trickery. Each of the 10 techniques is now "recorded" in triads for a chromatic range with 4-5 velocity layers, no round robins.
So there is very little naturally recorded material in this piano. This is not a complete piano, but a colours and flavors type of additional piano.
- One Kontakt 6 patch.
- One Kontakt 5 patch.
- One Decent Sampler patch.
- 10 .SFZ patches.
- 1189 uncompressed .WAV samples.
- Takes up 3,3 GB of hard disk space.
- There are also 29 snapshots by Man Makes Noise and Torley for the Kontakt 6 version.
- Kontakt versions require the full version of Kontakt 6 and 5.
- Decent Sampler is available for free from Decent Samples.
- Plogue offers a free SFZ player Sforzando.
Price: The library is free and will always be. The price tag says 1€ but use the code freeXMAS on check out, it takes 100% off the price.