Apparently, the true power of RealGuitar lies in 2 brand new technologies:
- New Velocity Sensitive Dynamics modeling and layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar.
- MusicLab's original Guitar Touch technology letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc.), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch.
- World famous guitars.
- High quality guitar samples (every fret of all 6 strings sampled).
- New velocity sensitive dynamics technology.
- New sample layering technology.
- InFace sound concept.
- True Doubling (double track) effect.
- Built-in EQ and FX (Stereo Tremolo, 2-way Chorus).
- Custom 32-bit sound engine.
- Solo, Harmony, and Chord modes.
- 1-4 note chords to 6-voice guitar strums real-time translation.
- 26 chord types recognition, including 7th, 9th and altered chords, in any inversion and voicing.
- Fret position and number of strings in chords assignable.
- Up strum, down strum, up/down muted strum, slow strum chords.
- Strum speed adjustable.
- Repeat Key zone (for performing repetitions, tremolo, up/down/muted strums).
- Slide emulation (up/down, assignable number of steps).
- Hummer On, Pull Off emulation.
- Tremolo emulation (notes, chords).
- Polyphonic controllers (applying Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, AfterTouch, Sustain Pedal to individual voices).
- Automated Fret Noise.
- Included Takamine F450, Ovation Selebrity DeLux, Classic Handmade Spanish acoustic guitar patches with multiple variations.
- Additional libraries of world's best known acoustic and electric guitars will be continuously released for updates.
RealGuitar is scheduled for release in January 2004 as VST, AU & RTAS instruments for Windows, Mac OS 9 and OS X and will cost $149 (CD).