Numerical Audio has updated Ambify for Mac to version 1.6 adding support for MIDI input, Ableton LINK and more.
Ambify connects to Philips Hue wireless lighting systems in order to generate realtime light effects from a variety of sources including media players, streaming services, airplay clients and now also MIDI and Ableton LINK.
With MIDI input it is now possible to connect Drum Machines, Keyboards or even a DAW. MIDI notes sent to Ambify will trigger effects based on simple filters created within the app.
With Ableton LINK, light effects can easily be synchronised to Ableton Live or other LINK enabled apps and devices.
In addition, Ambify no longer requires Soundflower to be installed, instead it provides its own dedicated virtual audio driver.
New in 1.6:
- Replaced Soundflower with a dedicated driver included with this release (no reboot necessary).
- Added MIDI support (trigger effects by sending MIDI notes).
- Added Ableton Link support (sync to Ableton Live or other Link enabled Apps).
- Improved visualisation algorithm for more accurate beat detection.
- Added Auto mode (switches between cycle and flash mode).
- Minor visual changes.
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth Audio output.
A free demo is available at getambify.com
Price: $9.99 at the Numerical Store (25% off until Jan 1st).