NUSofting has released a major update of their Modelonia physical modeling synthesizer, now at version 2.0 with a huge list of changes.
- The "Noise" exciter now features also a sub oscillator.
- New switch to changes the architecture of both Modelonia models, for more sound design possibilities.
- Updated "EQ" module, the new fixed resonator is capable of more pronounced spectrum changes.
- Larger GUI with clear design for big monitors.
- Three skins included: large, small dark, small silver.
- Completely rewritten manual of 50 pages: Intended to be a friendly use guide, with tutorial.
- Stability and compatibility with all major DAWs, and even some minor ones, have been improved.
- New 370 presets designed for 2.0, all included in the Demo version too.
- Support for AU and VST 64-bit, OS X 10.6+ and Windows from XP to 10.
- Vastly improved Mono Legato mode.
- The presets are now stored in cross-platform XML format, one file per preset.
- The Options menu includes commands to generate random presets.
- New MIDI modulation matrix, this now includes the ability to use Aftertouch and Velocity as modulation sources for any parameter. Moreover the MIDI map is now saved per preset.
- The start and end range of modulation are also settable.
- Reverse mappings are is supported as well.
- Added a equalizer in the output FX chain. The new "AP EQ" features two fully adjustable shelving filters and a "tilt" knob to quickly balance brightness to low boominess.
- With switchable clean and overdrive channel.
The complete list of changes from 1.7 to 2.0 can be downloaded at this link:
Price: $69 USD - Users of Modelonia 1.x can upgrade to version 2.0 for $20 USD.