NUSofting has announced that the strings machines synth Strings Dream by has been fully rewritten: a complete sound engine upgrade, and x64 VST2 compatibility.
Currently a public beta release is free to download, for Windows X64 only here.
- This public beta is released in the hope to receive feedback to further improve its sound engine before the official release.
- The Strings Dream public beta [SDS 2.0 beta5h] has a time limit of about 15 minutes per session, no other limitations, you can reload the plugin as many time you wish.
- The presets bank is not finished, presets from previous versions are included but they need to be adjusted for the new SDS 2.0.
New in SDS 2.0:
- VST2 64-bit for Windows (VST2 for Mac after this beta stage).
- Brand new control for waveshape morphing.
- Extra sound engine for the paraphonic mode ("Paraphony" on GUI) with new timbral characteristics, featuring "analogue pulsed noise" emulation.
- The paraphonic mode allows now very different articulations compared to the standard polyphonic mode ("Polyphony" on GUI).
- Redesigned filters for the voice stops, especially for the ones labeled "Brass" and "Horn".
- Recalibrated relative gains of all the voice stops.
- "Ensemble" chorus DSP upgraded to higher order interpolation (improved transparency and warmth).
- Rewritten "Spring" algorithm for Reverb, to allow longer resonances.
- Analogue Drum Kit: bonus feature: 20 of the best LoFi sounds from Drum Machines* of the late Seventies.(playable using the MIDI keys above the Strings sound range).
- Minor changes in the GUI and other minor bugs fixed. Larger GUI also available.
- Everything that was already good in 1.x has been kept.(Presets previously made for SDS 1.x needs to be adjusted when loaded in SDS 2.0).
*Drum Machines samples from NUSofting DK+ Library. MIDI keys range: note 92 to 111. Volume controlled by MIDI Velocity. Note: this is just a bonus feature for SDS, nothing fancy.