Patchpool have released Panopticon, a sound library for the hybrid synthesizer Avenger by Vengeance Sound.
Here's what they say:
Painting with sound on sonic canvas using broad and delicate brushes, creating an exhibition of sculpted sound around a musical well, Panopticon is a collection of expressive, evocative, soothing, playful, dark, exciting, often cinematic patches, also focussing on the granular capabilities of Avenger.
The patches in Panopticon make use of re-synthesized/wave-tabled vocal, instrumental and electronic tones, processed field recordings, multi-sampled acoustic instruments like electric/acoustic guitar, soprano saxophone, accordion, singing bowls (also bowed), crystal bowls, wavetable-based drones, pads, sequencers and synths, granular/multi-sampled soundscapes, re-synthesized/wave-tabled hardware synths and more. Quite a few patches utilize the new cross-FM feature introduced in Avenger version 1.3, which allows for frequency modulation (FM) between oscillators.
A PDF for this library including the licence agreement, more info and a detailed patch-list can be viewed here.
- 106 tagged patches (including 4 variations).
- 113 granular sources.
- 31 sample maps (multi-samples) and one-shots plus some samples embedded in the patches themselves.
- 41 wavetables.
- 16 single cycle waveforms (shapes).
- 4 impulse responses.
- Library size installed: 1.26 GB (688 MB download).
- All patches have the modulation wheel, the three Macros and both Macro buttons assigned, many also use aftertouch and velocity to expressively shape the sound.
- Comes in the native avenger format, easy import/installation.
- Delivery: download.
- Price: € 52 EUR.
Patch categories (12 sub-folders) :
- Bass – 3.
- Bells - Bowls – 11 (including 1 variation).
- Drones – 10.
- Instruments – 21 (including 1 variation).
- Leads – 3.
- Pads – 11.
- Plucked – 3.
- Sequencer – 11 (including 1 variation).
- Soundscapes – 16.
- Synth – 8.
- Textural – 5.
- Vocal Synth – 4 (including 1 variation).
Price: € 52.