Performance Samples has released Fluid Shorts, with an introductory pricing period through July 24th.
Fluid Shorts is based around performance-sourced off-the-string spiccatos with a smaller string ensemble (8/6/4/3). The instruments are built to function well in moderate repetition, by way of performances that have been deconstructed from phrases into playable samples.
- Four individual sections: 8 violins, 6 violas, 4 cellos, and 3 basses.
- Predominantly principle musicians.
- Recorded in an ambient hall with close, decca, and wide mic positions.
- Section unity – all musicians performing on the same session.
- Three dynamic layers (two on basses), from moderately soft to FFF.
- All assets are performance-sourced (pulled from recorded repetitions) for cohesion, and manually timed for consistency.
- Two delay levels: normal (127 ms) and tight (80 ms).
- 48kHz / 24-bit.
- NCW-compressed, ~2.57 GB total.
- Built for Kontakt 5.5.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required.
- Download via Continuata.
Price: $49 intro through July 24th, then $79.