Perimeter Sound Arts & Contralogic Productions have joined forces to release Feldspar Special Edition a multi-FX VST plug-in for Windows. It is being distributed, and was modified at request, by Perimeter Sound Arts, it was completely designed by Contralogic, and it is only available through Perimeter Sound Arts.
Feldspar Special Edition is a special edition of Contralogic's Feldspar Multi FX VST plug-in; it is a slightly altered version of the original. It has one envelope and settings instead of 2, and 4 modulation routings in the matrix instead of 6. A reverb effect has been added, the CPU usage has gone down by about 1/3, and the number of patches has doubled. Like the original, it also has a ring-modulator with level and pitch control, a dual filter with a bleed function, delay/echo with filter and ping pong options, and an envelope and two LFOs allow for various tempo-synced modulation options. There is also a master volume out section, with wet/dry mix controls, and a width control.
- A 3 mode sequenced envelope, with rate control, as well as ADSR and amp controls.
- A 4X modulation routing matrix, with the usual source & destination settings as well as mix level. Modulation sources include S&H, as well as LFO + and -, and Envelope + and -, and can be sent to filter, ring, and reverb controls for even more varied modulations.
- Delay/Echo with LP/HP filtering, and L-R, R-L, and Straight settings for the echos.
- 2 assignable LFOs for various tempo-synched modulation possibilities, with 16 different wave types to choose from, rate control, and FM and AM controls for frequency and level modulation control.
- A ring modulator with level and pitch controls.
- Unique dual filters, with bleed control, and 4 filter types to choose from.
- A reverb effect with dampening control.
- Width control in the master out section, for enhanced stereo sound.
- Low to moderate CPU usage, and 31 presets included.
Feldspar Special Edition is available free to all Perimeter Sound Arts loop sample customers, effective immediately, and is not available for sale by itself.
Perimeter Sound Arts has also posted a Q&A with Tweakbench's Aaron Rutledge.