Projet Home Studio has announced the launch of its training Le Mixage Audio: Étape par Étape (Mixing Audio: Step by Step) — which contains a total of almost 6 hours of video split into 11 chapters teaching you how to mix your own songs from A to Z.
Proposing a simple and structured method, this French-language training (level: beginner or intermediate) contains of course a theoretical part but is above all based on concrete practice, as it is centered around the mixing of an excerpt from a real song, step by step, instrument by instrument.
The following topics are therefore addressed:
- Functioning of the DAW.
- Tracks and session preparation.
- Phase and gain staging management.
- Eq and compression through practical cases.
- Drums mixing.
- Guitars and bass guitar mixing.
- Vocals mixing.
- And finally, 3D track positioning using reverb.
Each part is illustrated with tips and techniques that can be applied to any
Founder of Projet Home Studio, Adrien Perinot says:
When I started mixing my own songs, my mixes were like drafts, they didn't sound like the pros and I was missing a true guiding tutorial to connect the various pieces of advice I was hearing here and there. This training "Le Mixage Audio: Étape par Étape" is simply the training that I wish I had received at that time, in order to learn mixing with a clear approach and an efficient method.
The training "Le Mixage Audio: Étape par Étape" is available as of today in three different editions:
- Basic (50€ until 10/29 then 80€) — the video training with the raw multitracks only;
- Standard (70€ until 10/29 then 100€) — similar to the Basic edition, but also with a custom mix critique and access to a private Facebook group;
- Pro (90€ until 10/29 then 120€) — similar to the Standard edition, but with an additional mix critique.