RJ Studios has released SideMinder ME2, the 2nd generation of their multi-band Dynamic Stereo Width Maximizer plugin. Here's what they're saying:
SideMinder ME2 is a unique stereo enhancement plugin that dynamically maximizes the stereo width of a mix similar to the way a limiter maximizes the amplitude - all while preventing width "over-widening" that can cause phase cancellation when mixed to mono.
SideMinder ME2 now features an external sidechain input that allows new possibilities in mixing applications including the ability to "fit a signal in the mix widthwise".
SideMinder ME2 is a completely rewritten, 2nd generation of the original SideMinder ME plugin with the following new features:
- User-resizable GUI with automatic 2x scale for high DPI video monitors.
- Numerical values of controls displayed on the GUI.
- Double-click text entry of control values.
- New "Relative" control link mode allows moving all controls in a group up/down while retaining their relative settings.
- Optional stereo sidechain input** that allows modulating the width of the stereo source in complementary response to the varying width of a stereo sidechain source - i.e., "fit it in the mix WIDTHWISE".
- Improved stereo width limiter algorithm - produces more transparent width control and a wider, more "3D-like", stereo image.
- Global and individual band Trim controls for level matching.
- Static Width adjust "out" controls allow quick audition of the static width adjustment being applied without having to change width settings.
**Optional sidechain input requires a stereo signal and is therefore not available on DAWs that only support mono sidechains (such as Pro Tools).
Price: $39.95 USD. Downloadable demos are available at the RJ Studios website.